Think all that “touchy-feely” employee recognition stuff is just a waste of time and money?
Think again. Countless research studies support the notion that acknowledging and rewarding employee performance is good business – improving everything from employee satisfaction to financial performance:
- Companies using strategic recognition are 48% more likely to report high engagement. (SHRM/Globoforce Employee Recognition Survey)
- Career opportunities, recognition, and organization reputation are consistently top engagement drivers. (Aon Hewitt, 2012 Trends in Global Employee Engagement)
- When asked what leaders could do more of to improve engagement, 58% of respondents replied “Give recognition.” (Psychometrics, A Study of Employee Engagement in the Canadian Workplace)
- Companies spending ≥1% of payroll on recognition are 79% more likely to see better financial results. (SHRM/Globoforce Employee Recognition Survey)
So…what is your company doing to recognize employees’ achievements? Should you be doing more? If you’re looking for ideas, here are a few earlier posts on related topics:
- Employee appreciation: effective ways to motivate your staff
- Quick morale-boosting ideas for employees
- Tips to retain employees and reduce turnover
Use Allentown Staffing Agencies to Recognize, Reward and Motivate Employees:
- Treat an employee to a day off. When an employee does a great job for you, show him how much you appreciate his efforts. Allow us to provide a temporary replacement for the day.
- Reduce employee burnout. Bring in our temporaries to help ease the burden of overtime, and keep your team performing at their peak. Remember, you can avoid paying overtime by using our employees to handle the extra hours.